Program at a Glance
- 4 year Bachelor of Health Sciences in Midwifery
- Small class sizes
- Direct entry professional program
- Majority of program consists of clinical placements
Midwifery Program Website: https://midwifery.mcmaster.ca/
How to Apply
Apply to the Midwifery Program through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC)
For more information on the Midwifery Undergraduate Program please contact the IHLL office at IHLL@mcmaster.ca or contact the program directly.
Indigenous participation in the Midwifery Undergraduate Program is important. To ensure equitable admissions, we have a facilitated admissions process for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis applicants. In accordance with the Self-Identification Policy of the Faculty of Health Sciences, Indigenous applicants (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis_ who wish to apply through this stream must complete the Facilitated Indigenous Admissions Program (FIAP): Self-Identification Application. Information on the policy and its requirements, along with the online application, can be found at: Facilitated Indigenous Admissions Program (FIAP)
Application Requirements under the FIAP:
- Applicants must meet the same course requirements and minimum GPA as indicated in the previous sections for Level 1 or 2 applicants;
- Complete the Midwifery Education Program Supplementary Application;
- Complete the Facilitated Indigenous Admissions Program (FIAP): Self-Identification Application by January 12, 2023.
Normally, applicants who have completed more than one year of University undergraduate studies are not eligible to apply to the Midwifery Education Program; however, for Indigenous applicants who meet the requirements for the Facilitated Indigenous Admissions Process, this exclusion will be waived.
Midwifery Education Program Supplementary applications from those being considered under the facilitated process will be reviewed by members of the Indigenous Health Task Force (IHTF) as well as the Midwifery Education Program.